Prep Network (www.prepnetwork.com) is the national leader in prep sports coverage, events, and athlete recruitment. Our writers produce 2,000 articles each month, our 50+ tournaments and showcases host hundreds of teams and thousands of prospects across the country each year, and our RecruitMe Advisor helps match athletes with their perfect college.
We are a rapidly growing sports-focused company looking for the consummate team player to help our office run smoothly. The Office Manager is responsible for hiring and onboarding new team members, basic accounting and payroll, planning travel and events, and offering customer support, along with other tasks that will help the business grow. We want someone that fits our culture, work ethic, and, most importantly, our passion for learning and improving.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Office Management. Maintain the office day-to-day by purchasing office supplies, handling the mail, and keeping the office running smoothly.
- Basic Accounting & Payroll. Prepare and process monthly payroll by communicating with our national team of contributors, send invoices, and pay bills as needed.
- HR Responsibilities. Help build our team by posting new roles, screening candidates, coordinating interview schedules, and preparing employment paperwork. Work with current employees to optimize their benefits, maintain employee files, coordinate reviews, and promote overall employee morale.
- Onboarding and Training. Get new employees and contractors up to speed by executing our on-boarding checklist.
- Customer Support. Assist customers over email, chat, and occasionally phone while providing the highest quality service.
- Coordinate Travel & Events. Cost-effectively book flights, hotels, and rental cars for employees and contractors nationwide. Help plan company events and outings.
- Flexibility. We're growing quickly and need someone who embraces new challenges and opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate's degree or higher preferred in a field related to business administration or management
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), as well as Google Apps (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs)
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- 2+ years of experience as an office manager is preferred
- 2+ years of experience with HR responsibilities preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Fun & Flexible Work Space. Free coffee and snacks? Check. Open & collaborative work environment? Check. Ping pong and mini-basketball hoop in the back? That, too.
- Awesome Co-Workers. Company culture is important to us. We love to hire curious and self-motivated people who work hard and have a blast doing it.
- Benefits. Health insurance and the most flexible vacation policy (we don't track days off).