About Prep Network
Prep Network (www.prepnetwork.com) is the national leader in the prep coverage, events and athlete recruitment. Our writers produce 2,000 articles each month, our 50+ tournaments and showcases host hundreds of teams and thousands of prospects across the country each year, and our RecruitMe Advisor product helps match athletes with their perfect college.
This role is for a mid-level developer on our RecruitMe Recruiting Application, which has a frontend built entirely in React and an API backend using Laravel. We expect you to have the flexibility to jump across the stack to pitch in where needed on anything from user experience, design, frontend and backend development, or occasionally helping out on our Wordpress sites. You should be ready to deploy code multiple times a day, iterate quickly, and build with stability in mind alongside the rest of our engineering team.
We are a rapidly growing sports-focused company where your voice will be heard and you can make a real impact. Aside from knowing your way around the code of an application, we want someone that fits our culture, work ethic, and most importantly our passion for learning and improving. Whether you're a junior-level developer needing to sharpen a few skills or a seasoned developer who can take on a larger role from the start, we'd love to build something great with you.
- Build robust, high performance, and scalable applications
- Work with other Prep Network developers to build new features that are focused on user experience
- Actively participate in product decisions, ensuring we set reasonable development deadlines
- Look for opportunities to improve team efficiency and implement application improvements
- Work in tandem with other Prep Network developers to deliver on-time, on-budget and in-scope projects.
- 1.5+ years of experience in front-end application development
- Proficient in PHP with experience with a PHP framework such as CakePHP or Laravel
- Familiar with creating responsive web experiences leveraging browser and device capabilities, making use of emerging tools and best practices
- Demonstrates working-level knowledge of Git (and Github) and can effectively use the tool to complete necessary tasks
- Experience with SSH
- Experience structuring MySQL databases to fit the needs of your application and creating and querying relationships within the data
- The ability to develop products without the help of a designer providing assets
- Experience with third-party API integrations and data scraping
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Benefits and Perks
- Fun & Flexible Work Space. Free coffee and snacks? Check. Open & collaborative work environment? Check. Ping pong and mini-basketball hoop in the back? That, too.
- Awesome Co-Workers. Company culture is important to us. We love to hire curious and self-motivated people who work hard and have a blast doing it.
- Benefits. Health insurance and the most flexible vacation policy (we don't track days off).